Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Arty girl

I just joined the Oranga Art Club! I was looking for something creative to do that would be "me time", as I had a craft club in my old town which was bliss as a break from the kids.

We're doing basic still life, and we can choose to use soft pastels, oil pastels, acrylic paint, charcol or pencil and we can do clay work too if we want. I've never done anything like this since school (at about 13 years old), so I didn't expect to be any good, I was just looking forward to the break and the creative process.

Here's a photo of the flower I studied:

Here's what I produced:

Artificial light
Natural light

I also did a water-soluble oil pastel picture from a photograph, and then "painted" the pastel with water to make it look like paint. I outlined it with charcoal:




No comments: