Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Perfect children

I recently caught up with an old friend via her blog, and she posted a great blog about how perfect her kids are, and it got me thinking about my own.

My kids are perfect too. They do exactly what children are supposed to do! I'll give you my two current favourite examples:

Just a couple of days ago, Mapera came running up the corridor shouting "Mum! Mum!" so I popped my head round the door to see what she wanted. She had my breast pump in one hand and was pulling up her jumper with the other when she demanded "Mum! Fix this to my booby!"

Yesterday we were trying pomegranates for the first time, and I noticed Mapera trying to push a seed up her nose. I promptly took it off her and told her a very stern "no!", thinking thank goodness I spotted that in time.
After dinner, she was unusually whingy and kept rubbing her nose...yes the seed I had stopped was number 2 and number 1 was firmly lodged up her right nostril. I thanked my lucky stars I had managed to teach her how to blow her nose, so I covered one nostril and told her to blow hard. To Mapera's great delight, the little red seed popped out and flew across the room.

I'll be storing these stories and many more I'm sure in preparation for 21st birthday parties, or maybe even wedding days!

1 comment:

littlehouse said...

great stories. The kids of bloggers are all going to be so messed up when they reach 17 and find out what we are telling the world!!
Also, muchas gracias for the plug!