Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Tadpoles and tantrums

Well, I have a week off from looking after the boys, and so I thought I would get up to date on the blog. They've been great kids to look after, not needing to be watched constantly, playing nicely most of the time and generally being lovely. It's tiring, but nowhere near as crazy as I was expecting.


Last Friday we managed to get out for a forest walk for the first time in ages, and I am glad we went as Tareka found a pool full of TADPOLES! Mapera was most entranced by the "fishies" and luckily Daddy had a jam jar in the car, so we caught one and brought him home. Terry the Tadpole is now happily swimming around in a little goldfish bowl, complete with rocks, pond weed (which is sprouting new growth) and a teaspoon of catfood every couple of days. I think he is starting to get his legs, so watch this space!


Kaitereo had her first taste of solid food today, just plain baby rice mixed with cold boiled water. Once she realised what it was, she opened her mouth like a baby bird - I don't think we're going to have any trouble feeding this one! Mashed banana tomorrow, then I will start stocking up the ice-cube trays with fruit and veg purees.


Sunday saw us down in Tirau at Tareka's Marae for a committee meeting, the first we've attended since I was 38 weeks pregnant. It was great to hear all the progress that has happened in our absence, and it looks like our dreams for the development of the Marae will become a reality over the next few years!

Tomorrow my cousin Rich will be coming to stay for a few days, he just got into NZ from some little island where he was caught up in a tropical cyclone! Good job things are all calm here.

Well I am procrastinating again, I really should be finishing typing up the minutes from Sunday.

Pictures of the tadpole shortly!

No comments: