Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Tummy bugs

Phew, what a week. Mapera got a nasty puking bug from her friends last week, poor little mite. She spent the day lying on the sofa drinking water and throwing up. I eventually got some coca cola and gave her 1/2 a cup of it flat and she stopped puking straight away, then was fine after that!! Good stuff that coke!
We all seemed fine after that, then I made the mistake of visiting the same friends on Sunday, and although all the kids were fine, Dad had the runs, so surprise surprise, Monday morning I wake up with the same thing.
Coke didn't kill it this time, so poor Tareka had to take 2 days off work to look after me and the girls til I got it out of my system (basically by not eating for 2 days and just drinking rehydration sports drinks).
I'm all better now, thank goodness, and the bonus is I've lost 3kg! I really shouldn't be so happy to have lost weight by being violently ill for 2 days, but hey, that's what happens when you have body image "issues".

Projects are still mainly knitting pixie hoods for the stall (though they won't sell well over summer, so I may save them until the weather cools off again).













I've also managed to complete the first page of Mapera and Kaitereo's scrapbook.
I went and spent some cash on the materials to make some nice Christmas cards too, so I'll be getting together with my craft-buddy soon in order to get them underway.

No comments: