STAGE 1 - prepare the land
- we need to get the grass either grazed down by the neighbours cows, or contact someone in to clear it out. We're going to the neighbours first, and hoping he will be more amenable than he was when we asked if we could get access to his power pole.
- when the land is nice and clear of grass and weeds, we need to get power to the boundary of the property. This needs to be as close to the entrance as possible, but also take into account the fact that the entrance will be tar-sealed about 2m either side of the width of the current gate.
- Geotech survey to see what foundations we'll need
- Drainage and septic survey to see what sort of septic system we need, and how we can deal with stormwater
Once the power is ready to go, there will be a few things that all sort of need to happen together
- Putting in the new entrance - a 'V' back from the road, through past the fence-line and down to a new gate about 11m in
- mark out the site for the house, turning area, and driveway
- scrape out for driveway, house and turning area and put gravel down
- power and phone to be run down the driveway (or down the side of the driveway) to the house site
- water tanks to be bought and sited
We are seeing the lawyer on Monday to sign the paperwork and pay for the land; then we'll see Latitude Homes after that to make sure we know what we have to do before they can go to the council to apply for a building permit.
More updates after Monday!