Sunday, August 26, 2007

Blimmin email

Xtra (my email provider) has been taken over by Yahoo (internet overlord). Now I already have Yahoo accounts with attached email addresses, which I rarely use, they are only there because I had to create one to access some services or websites an age ago. I use my Gmail account for online stuff, and my Xtra account for real people only. This prevents spam and viruses getting into my actual PC, and it works very well. I also have a hotmail account, but I am slowly trying to move all the stuff that goes there either to the Gmail or the Xtra one, depending on what it is. Tareka accesses the hotmail account, so eventually, that will be his own internet account which he can use for internetty stuff (not that he uses the internet much anyway).

OK, so NORMALLY when I open up my email program - Outlook - it automatically downloads any new messages from the Xtra server into my inbox and I read them blah blah blah. Today it was having trouble doing so, so I went online to the Xtra site in order to access my Xtra mail direct from their server (which I have done many times in the past, when the connection has been wonky). BUT, as Xtra is now part of Yahoo, the website couldn't seem to figure out that I wanted my Xtra email account, and kept asking for my Yahoo login and sending me to my Yahoo mailbox AAARRGH!! I really couldn't find a way out of it. It makes NO sense to me as they are 2 separate accounts with 2 different passwords, why did it have to keep asking me for the Yahoo one when I wanted to log into the Xtra one??

Bloody Yahoo nonsense.

In other news, we are now officially 39 weeks pregnant, and no sign of baby arriving any time soon. Tareka is off on leave for a month now, so I am getting a lot more help around the house (which is lovely), and a lot more help with Mapera (which is a relief). The weather is starting to warm up so we've been trying to go for a walk whenever we can (which should hopefully get the baby moving too), and we've been cleaning up the garden and pruning ready for spring.

Project-wise I'm knitting hats for everyone I know (it seems!). I bought a cute little pixie hood for Mapera from the charity shop, and decided I'd figure out how to knit one, so I knitted one for a friend's little boy and it was lovely! Thing is, his big sister wanted one - so I made her one - and now his Dad wants one!! It's all good practice for me though, and I'm knitting up my scraps into finger puppets in between times.
I'm going to focus on the knitting until I run out of wool, then (depending on new baby) I'll look at doing some sewing. I may even get onto that around Christmas when my parent's are back as Mum will be able to help then!

1 comment:

Brother Grimm said...

I didn't even know!
I didn't even know to come here!

Ohhh, I've missed you so much.
I was just thinking about you yesterday, no lies!

I love you, girl.

(Sarah)